Today I’m happy to present to you Jill Sanders, author of the Pride Series. I’m proud to be part of a Blog Tour promoting Jill and her works. Returning Pride is book #3 in a series of four.
1. YOUR BIO STATES YOU HAVE A HUSBAND AND 2 TEENAGERS. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ACTIVELY WRITING NOVELS AND HOW DO YOU FIT WRITING INTO DAILY LIFE WITH 3 MEN?
I’ve been writing full time for about 3 months. Before that, I was writing while trying to juggle fixing up our house and a few other major things. I started writing my first novel, and actually got 80% done with it, almost 8 years ago. But, it sat on my hard drive until we moved down to rural Texas, to a slower lifestyle where I can actually follow my dream.
My men do take priority, however, since my boys are busy with school, early college, basketball, and a bunch of other activities, I find myself having more time. I miss the little guys, now I have 6 foot giants, who can drive.
2. I’VE FOUND PEOPLE LOVE TO KNOW PERSONAL THINGS ABOUT THE AUTHORS THEY READ. DO YOU HAVE HOBBIES THAT YOU MAKE TIME FOR?
Yes, I love riding motorcycles, taking walks with my husband and dogs, and playing basketball with the boys.
3. HOW ABOUT STYLE? WHAT TYPE OF WOMAN ARE YOU? CONTEMPORAY, TRADITIONAL, ON THE EDGE, OLD-FASHIONED? BLUE JEANS OR LINEN SLACKS? T-SHIRT OR CASHMERE? WOODEN BEADS OR PEARLS?
It depends on the day. I can be a – jean wearing, tool slinging carpenter or a skirt & pearl wearing sexy mama. I cross the line at frumpy cloths. I have a major passion for wearing & buying sexy heels. Okay, it’s more of an addiction.
4. DO YOU COOK, EAT OUT OF A BOX OR GET TAKEOUT?
Cook. Well, right now our kitchen is still under construction, so cooking isn’t as fun as it could be. But, we almost always cook. My husband is better at it than I am. I can make a pleasant meal though.
5. LET’S TALK BOOKS – WHICH OF YOUR 3 NOVELS WAS THE EASIEST TO WRITE AND THE MOST FUN AND WHY?
Hmmm. I would say Returning Pride on all counts. The only hard part was remembering Iian is deaf and can’t hear a phone ringing. LOL. I knew Iian’s story would be the most sought after, after all, he is a very fun and sexy character.
6. ARE YOU A PANTSER OR A PLOTTER? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE YOU TO WRITE A FIRST DRAFT?
Oh, I’m a pantser for sure on some things, but a plotter when it comes to major plot decisions. I can usually get a first draft out in little over a month. I’m a speed reader & typist, but it always takes me longer to edit everything once I’m done.
7. DO YOU HAVE A MENTOR?
I think any and all books and authors, I’ve read have really mentored my writing. But, in life, I would say my mother was the biggest influence in my life.
8. WHO DO YOU LIKE TO READ? HAVE YOU ALWAYS BEEN A READER?
I’ve been addicted to Nora Roberts for almost 10 years. But, I also have several other favorite authors I read.
No reading didn’t always come easy to me. Actually, up until around the fifth grade, I didn’t enjoy reading at all. Dyslexia runs heavy in my family. Reading was such a huge chore when the letters would not sit still on the page. When I was around 15, I finally learned to work through it. I would say it was the summer my mother tossed (literally) our black & white TV out our front door, and then marched us to the library. Thank you MOM.
9. WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU WANT READERS TO TAKE FROM RETURNING PRIDE?
First off, just enjoy the sexy story and the very sexy Iian Jordan. Iian is deaf, but doesn’t let it slow him down or dictate his life. He does everything to the fullest. I love that in life.
10. WHAT IS NEXT UP FOR YOU IN YOUR WRITING CAREER?
I have Lasting Pride’s first draft completed. I will be making some adjustments on it and getting it to my beta readers as quickly as possible for the release sometime in October.
After that, I’m working on my new series, which has touches of suspense, paranormal, and of course romance. Look for more information at http://www.jillmsanders.com
Book giveaway: http://bit.ly/13AGThi
My Web address is http://jillmsanders.com
Returning Pride’s Blog Tour: http://bit.ly/13AGThi